Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Hypocritical Al Gore

Al Gore is pretty much the leader in Global Warming. But many of you might not know that he is putting us down for the energy that we use but thinks it is ok for him to use that same energy but in much higher levels. What I mean is that Al Gore is living in a 20 room mansion, driving an SUV and flying on a private charter plane. His home burns through more electricity in a month than the average American family does in a year. He claims that climate change is a "moral issue". Al Gore should not preach about global climate change because he is doing more harm to the atmosphere than you and I.

http://www.washtimes.com

3 comments:

Josh said...

Al Gore is a hypocrite. I do think that global warming is a problem, but Al Gore has no right to criticize everyone else when he is part of the problem as well.

Maybe I'm wrong here, and anyone reading this feel free to correct me if I am, but wasn't Al Gore a lawyer before becoming vice president?

Like I said, I do think global warming is a problem, but I don't understand why people treat Al Gore as an authority on the topic. As far as I know he's not a scientist, nor does he hold any sort of degree in environmental science.

He's a person of power, no doubt, but I've always wondered why he (thinks) he knows so much about the environment. This new information that I have been hearing all over the news only makes me question his abilities even more.

Elsie said...

... but he invented the internet, didn't he?!?

Protecting our environment is an important message. I wish it weren't so hard to separate the words from their speaker. Unfortunately, Gore's own hypocritical lifestyle has made a mockery out of his message, and has fueled those who prefer to ignore the existence of real environmental threats.

It's like the doctor who smokes, or the fat nutritionist - they may have the answers, but are you really going to listen to them?

kalynn reynolds said...

I should clear up my view on global warming. I never meant to say that it wasn't a problem because it is a problem but I agree with josh. Al gore has no right to preach about saving this world when he is causing more harm than we are.